Monday, August 26, 2013

Nana's Cream Cheese Pie


My precious Mother-in-Law is an amazing cook. I love watching her. This past Easter she made this amazingly delicious and super simple pie. I knew with the first bite I would have to add it to the recipe box. My genius of a husband took this recipe to a new level at a recent get together we had by serving the filling as a dip with graham crackers. Either way you try it be sure you have plenty of people to share it with or you will eat it all in one sitting.

2 packages cream cheese
1 tub whip cream topping thawed
1/2 cup sugar
graham cracker crust or graham crackers

Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. (It is much easier if you let the cream cheese sit on the counter for awhile first.)

Add the whip cream topping and mix until smooth.

Pour filling into pie crust and refrigerate until firm.

Slice and enjoy.

I told you it was simple. One thing I will say if you don't combine the cream cheese and sugar before adding the whip cream topping it will be lumpy. It still tastes good it just isn't as pretty to look at. Now go make one and let me know how you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment